- 1 ½ cups elbow macaroni
- 8 ounces prepared Alfredo Sauce (about half a jar)
- ½ cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- ¼ – ½ cup of whole milk
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Canola cooking spray
- Cook the macaroni, according to package directions in a pot of lightly salted boiling water. Drain well, rinse with cold water and drain again.
- Place the cooked macaroni in a bowl. Stir in the alfredo sauce along with the three cheeses and just enough milk to keep things loose. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Spray four individual pie tins with non-stick canola oil spray. (Or one large one.) Have ready four sheets of aluminium foil large enough to cover each pie tin completely. Spray the shiny side of each with canola cooking spray.
- Divide the mac and cheese mixture evenly between each pie tin. Seal each one tightly with a sheet of aluminium foil, greased side down. Store in a large plastic storage bag in a chiller or food cooler until ready to cook.
- When you are ready to cook it, prepare your campfire. Allow the flames to burn down to the coals. Place a cooling rack over the coals, leaving 2 to 3 inches between the rack and the coals. (Alternately use an outdoor grill.) Place the filled pie tins over the hot coals and cook for 8 to 10 minutes until heated through completely. Remove from the fire/grill and serve immediately!
You can also bake this at home in a casserole dish. Place in the oven at 350*F for 20 to 25 minutes. It’s incredibly delicious and makes for a quick weeknight side dish.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Lunch
- Calories: 445