- 1 pound chicken tenders, trimmed
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 TBS corn-starch
- ½ cup Chinese rice wine vinegar
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 4 TBS tomato ketchup
- 1 TBS dark soy sauce
- 1 pouch of cooked basmati rice
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 4 large whole wheat tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 350*F. Place the chicken tenders into a shallow baking dish. Dust with salt and pepper.
- Whisk together the corn-starch, sugar, vinegar, chicken stock, ketchup, and soy sauce.
- Pour this mixture over the chicken in the baking dish. Stir it all around to coat the chicken.
- Cook in the preheated oven for about an hour, stirring every fifteen minutes, until the chicken is very tender and glazed. The sauce should be nice and thick. Set aside and keep warm.
- Heat the pouch of rice according to the package directions. Set aside and keep warm.
- Warm the tortillas as per package directions. Lay one on each of four heated plates. Top each tortilla with ¼ of the lettuce and ¼ of the rice, placing it down the center of each tortilla. Divide the chicken tenders between each tortilla. Close the wraps and serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Category: Lunch
- Calories: 450