- 2 large free range eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup of crushed round buttery cracker crumbs
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- ½ cup (4 ounces) salted butter, cut into bits
- Preheat the oven to 375*F. Have ready a shallow casserole dish large enough to hold the chicken in one layer.
- Place the cracker crumbs in a shallow bowl. Add the garlic powder and pepper. Mix well together.
- Place the beaten eggs in another shallow bowl.
- Dip the chicken breasts into the beaten egg and then roll them in the cracker crumbs to thoroughly coat them. Place into the casserole dish.
- Drop the bits of butter all around the pieces of chicken.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven until the chicken is golden brown and no longer pink inside. The juices should also run clear when pricked with a fork.
- Delicious served hot or cold.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 445 per serving