Hunting for new no-bake recipes? Try the No-bake Peanut butter Haystacks recipe then!
No-bake recipes are not just easy but also very accessible since you do not need an oven to make them. So are the no-bake peanut butter haystacks! They are delicious and easy treats that you can make in minutes with just a few ingredients.
Aside from that, they are perfect for when you crave something sweet but don’t want to turn on the oven or spend a lot of time in the kitchen. All you need are some peanut butter, butterscotch chips, chow mein noodles, and marshmallows.
Can’t wait to try it? Here’s an easy recipe to guide you.
How Long Do They Last?
Depending on how and where you store it, no-bake peanut butter haystacks may last for a week up to several months. Storing it away in a sealed container in the fridge can help extend its shelf life of up to one week, for example. Freezing it, on one hand, can extend its shelf life of up to six months.
How to Properly Store It?
It is recommended to store no-bake peanut butter haystacks by placing them in a single layer with parchment paper between them in a sealed container. You can store them at room temperature or in the refrigerator, depending on your preference.
No-Bake Peanut Butter Haystacks
- 1 C. Creamy peanut butter
- ½ C. Salted peanuts
- 11 oz. Butterscotch chips
- 5 oz. Crispy chow mein noodles
- Add the peanut butter and butterscotch chips to a pot over medium-low heat, and stir until completely melted and smooth.
- Remove the pot from the heat, and stir in the peanuts and chow mein noodles.
- Layer a piece of parchment paper over a baking sheet.
- Drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Allow the haystacks to cool and set before serving.
Marie Rayner is a retired Chef, freelance writer, recipe developer, food blogger, and Cookbook author. She makes her home in Chester, UK, where she lives with her husband, Todd, and their much beloved English Cocker, Mitzie. Her motto is “Life is far too short to eat bad food,” and her goal is to share delicious and easy recipes which anyone can enjoy and cook in the comfort of their own home.