- 2 TBS vegetable oil
- 2 large free range eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 TBS dark soy sauce, divided
- 1 fat clove of garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 TBS minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 bunch of scallions, trimmed, white and green parts separated and thinly sliced
- 1 cup of diced leftover cooked pork, or 4 leftover cooked pork sausages, cut into chunks
- 2 small carrots, peeled and grated
- A large handful of frozen peas
- 2 cups cold cooked rice
- 2 TBS rice wine vinegar
- Heat 1 TBS of the oil in a large non-stick skillet over high heat.
- Measure out the soy sauce.
- Mix ¼ tsp of it and beat it together with the eggs.
- Add the eggs to the heated pan, swirling them to coat the bottom of the pan. Cook and stir until thoroughly cooked, yet still moist.
- Scrape out of the pan into a bowl and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan. Heat.
- Add the ginger, garlic, and white bits of the scallion to the pan. Cook, stirring constantly, until quite fragrant.
- Add the pork. Cook and stir to heat through and brown a bit.
- Add the carrots, peas, and rice. Stir to combine. Add the cooked egg, remaining soy sauce and rice wine vinegar.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the rice is coated with the mixture and everything is evenly distributed.
- Let cook, undisturbed, for about a minute longer until completely heated through.
- Sprinkle the green bits of scallion over top and serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Calories: 330