Christmas is fast approaching! And what else does the occasion makes more special aside from baking our favorite sweet treats?
If you want to add more dessert in your dining table, why not try the white chocolate caramel pecan fudge?
A white chocolate caramel pecan fudge is a type of candy that is made with white chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, butter, vanilla extract, pecans, and caramel sauce. It is a creamy and rich fudge that has a swirl of caramel and a crunch of pecans in every bite.
What sets it apart from other sweet treats is that it is easy to make in the microwave or on the stovetop, and it is perfect for any occasion.
Why You Will Love White Chocolate Caramel Pecan Fudge
- It is a delicious treat that will satisfy your sweet tooth and make you happy.
- It is easy to make and does not require any special equipment or skills. You can use the microwave or the stovetop to melt the ingredients and then pour them into a pan to set.
- It is a great gift idea for your friends and family. You can wrap the fudge in parchment paper or cellophane and tie it with a ribbon.
How to Properly Store a White Chocolate Caramel Pecan Fudge?
There are different ways to store a white chocolate caramel pecan fudge, and often depends on how long you want to keep it.
Here are some of the common methods:
- If you want to store the fudge at room temperature, you should keep it in an airtight container or a ziploc bag. This will prevent the fudge from drying out and becoming crumbly. The fudge can last for up to two weeks at room temperature.
- If you want to store the fudge in the refrigerator, you should also use an airtight container or a ziploc bag. The fudge will stay fresh and creamy for up to a month in the fridge.
What Other Alternative Ingredients Can I Use?
There are some alternatives you can use if you are going to bake white chocolate caramel pecan fudge. Here are some suggestions:
- You can substitute semi-sweet, milk or dark chocolate chips for a decadent chocolate caramel fudge. Whatever variety of chocolate chips you use, this recipe is sure to come out tasting delicious.
- You can use dulce de leche instead of caramel sauce for the caramel swirl. Dulce de leche is thicker than a traditional caramel sauce but still offers that rich buttery flavor you are wanting.
You can make your own dulce de leche in the Instant Pot or buy some at the store.
- You can leave out the pecans or replace them with other nuts such as almonds, walnuts, peanuts or hazelnuts. Toast the nuts before using for the best flavor and crunch. You can also add some sprinkles, chocolate chips or other toppings to decorate the fudge.
White Chocolate Caramel Pecan Fudge
- 4 Tbsp. Butter
- 14 oz. Can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 C. Pecans chopped
- 1 Bag white chocolate chips
- ¾ C. Caramel sauce
- ½ tsp. Vanilla
- Place the butter, sweetened condensed milk, white chocolate chips and vanilla into a bowl that is microwave safe.
- Heat the mixture for 30 seconds at a time until it is completely melted and well combined.
- Fold the pecans into the chocolate mixture.
- Layer a 9x9 baking dish with parchment paper, and pour the mixture into it.
- Drizzle the caramel sauce over the top of the chocolate mixture, and use the top of a butter knife to swirl it into the top layer of the chocolate.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before slicing to serve.
Marie Rayner is a retired Chef, freelance writer, recipe developer, food blogger, and Cookbook author. She makes her home in Chester, UK, where she lives with her husband, Todd, and their much beloved English Cocker, Mitzie. Her motto is “Life is far too short to eat bad food,” and her goal is to share delicious and easy recipes which anyone can enjoy and cook in the comfort of their own home.