- 2 cups of milk chocolate or candy melts (12 ounces)
- 2 tsp white vegetable shortening
- a variety of small candies, googly eyes, mini cookies, etc.
1. Have a baking sheet lined with parchment paper ready. Spray the paper lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Place the chocolate and vegetable shortening into a medium sized microwaveable bowl. Blitz on the 80% setting (medium high) of the microwave for about 1 minute. Stir. If the chocolate still doesn’t melt, blitz at 30 second intervals, stirring after each, until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Pour onto the prepared baking sheet, spreading it out thinly. I use the back of a metal spoon.
3. Sprinkle with your chosen Halloween candies and goodies immediately, placing them haphazardly over the top of the melted chocolate. Place in the refrigerator to harden.
4. Break into bits once firm. I try to keep the googly eyes together in pieces of the bark if I can. Store in an airtight container.
- Category: Desserts