- 1 can (28 oz) refried beans
- 1 pkg. (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup of dairy sour cream
- 1 TBS ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 cup chunky style salsa (small jar)
- 1 cup finely shredded lettuce (a really large handful)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions (2 to 3)
- 2 Tbsp. sliced pitted black olives
- several whole pitted black olives
- 1/4 cup chopped and seeded tomatoes, optional (about 1 medium tomato)
- lightly salted tortilla chips for dipping
1. Spread refried beans onto bottom of large quiche dish. Layer on the salsa, spreading it to cover the beans. Sprinkle most of the cheese over top. (reserve a bit for the garnish.)
2. Carefully spread the guacamole over the cheese to cover.
3. Mix cream cheese, sour cream, and seasonings together until well blended. Put into a piping bag. Snip the end off and then pipe into a spiral swirl beginning at the centre of the dish and working towards the outer edges.
4. If you have any left, pipe it all around the edge to use up. Take a toothpick and working from the centre out to the edge, gently pull lines out to resemble a spider’s web.
5. Cut several of the whole olives in half and then place onto the “Web.” Cut the sliced olives into “legs” and place them around the olive halves to look like spiders. Chop the remainder of the olives.
6. Sprinkle the remaining cheese around the edge of the dish. Sprinkle on the chopped olives. Top with the finely shredded lettuce and the spring onions.
7. If you are using chopped tomatoes, do likewise.
8. Cover tightly with plastic cling film. Refrigerate several hours or until chilled.
9. Serve with lightly salted tortilla chips for dipping.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Additional Time: 2 hours
- Category: Lunch
- Calories: (based on 16 servings): 198 for the dip alone