Here at HomechefWorld.com, we value your privacy and the safety of your personal information. This is why we are committed to protecting both your personal and non-personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
This privacy statement has been prepared based on provisions of multiple legislations, including Art. 13/14 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR).
In the GDPR regulation framework, personal data are any information which are related to an identified or identifiable natural person. The regulation is intended to contribute to the accomplishment of an area of freedom, security and justice and of an economic union, to economic and social progress, to the strengthening and the convergence of the economies within the internal market, and to the well-being of natural persons.
We wish to inform you that we solely collect the data that is necessary for the good functioning of the Website. In addition, we are committed to protecting this data against any and all misapplication.
The team owning and operating HomechefWorld.com takes the privacy and protection of your personal information and non-personal data seriously. At Home Chef World, we know that you care about how your personal and non-personal data is collected, handled and shared with third parties. We are also aware that our readers trust us to exercise the utmost care with their personal information.
The Collection of Personal Information
Here are the circumstances in which we may collect your personal information:
- By leaving a comment in the comments section below the Home Chef World posts and articles. The personal information you may be asked to share with us is your full name and email address. You must not provide your real information if you do not wish to do so, you can just as easily use nicknames or aliases. Later on, if you wish, you can also have your comment deleted as well as the information you offered with it, for that you can send us a request through our contact form. In no longer than 30 days the information you provided will be completely removed.
- By contacting us via the contact form. The personal information you may be asked to share with us is your name and email address where we can send you a reply. We will only use this information to contact you in regards to your query.
- By subscribing to our newsletter. The personal information you will be asked to share with us will be a valid email address and a name. We will use the information to send out periodical emails regarding our services and the latest articles published on the Website. All information is collected through a double opt-in service according to the provisions of Art. 13/14 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation).
You can use the Website without providing any personal data. Nevertheless, we do not assume responsibility for the lack of quality services as some may depend on certain data (cookies) for full functionality.
When and where this Website specifically states that some Data is not mandatory, you are free not to communicate this Data without consequences to the availability or the functioning of the Website.
Users who are uncertain about which Personal Data is mandatory are welcome to contact the Website Owner.
For further information, feel free to check our Terms and Conditions page.
The Collection of Non-Personal Information
Definition of Cookies
Cookies are tiny files stored on your computer. They are built to hold a small amount of data specific to a particular client and website, and can be accessed either by the web server or the client computer. This allows the server to deliver a page tailored to a particular user, or the page itself can contain some script, which is aware of the data in the cookie and so is able to carry information from one visit to the website (or related site) to the next.
In compliance with the EU ePrivacy Directive of 2002 and GDPR, when Users first access the Website, they will be met by a cookie consent banner/disclaimer declaring the cookies and tracking present on the Website and giving them the choice of prior consent before their data is collected.
User Cookie Management
Most browsers have a settings’ option allowing the user to see what cookies have been stored on the computer, and delete them.
Note that it is not possible for a webpage to view cookies set by other sites, as this would represent a privacy and security problem.
Cookies do not in themselves present a threat to privacy/security since they can only be used to store information that the user has volunteered or that the web server already has. While it is possible that this information could be made available to specific third party websites, this is no worse than storing it in a central database.
Collecting Cookies for the Website
Collecting this type of personal information enables HomechefWorld to improve your experience on the Website and tailor it according to your preferences. Cookies are also used to improve your navigation process.
Accessing third party websites will enable these to place their own cookies on your personal devices. Other websites may solicit or collect personal information from you. The team at Home Chef World cannot be held accountable for the privacy settings and practices of third-party websites.
Accessing these websites and continuing to browse through the content found there signals your agreement with their respective privacy policies and practices. We strongly encourage you to read those documents when you leave our website.
Notice Regarding Online Behavioral Advertising
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our Website.
These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g. click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of great interest to you.
These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information.
Users’ Personal Data Protection
The Owner takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of User Data.
Data processing is takes place in a secure environment using computers and/or IT enabled tools. All actions are in accordance with organizational procedures.
In addition to the Owner, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to other individuals involved with the operation of this Website such as:
- Website administrator
- Marketing department
- Third-parties (verified by the Owner) such as:
- technical service providers,
- mail carriers
- hosting providers appointed.
All individuals and/or entities that receive access to User Data will be named Data Processors by the Owner.
The updated list of these parties may be requested from the Owner at any time.
Users’ Personal Data Processing and Storage
According to legal requirements, the Website shall process and keep your personal data for no longer than it is necessary for the purposes for which it has been collected. Henceforth,
- The Website may retain Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between the Owner and the User until such contract has been fully performed.
- The Website shall retain Personal Data collected for the purposes of the Owner’s legitimate interests as long as needed to fulfill such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by the Website Owner within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting the Owner.
- The Owner may be allowed to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever the User has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, the Owner may have to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
- Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
Users’ Personal Data Sharing
The selling, trading, or renting of the Users personal identification information to others is prohibited by the law.
Users’ Personal Data Collection Purposes
The Website may collect and use your personal data for the following purposes:
1. Improve customer support and service
2. Personalize and improve users’ experience with the Website
3. Send newsletters to subscribers
Users’ Rights Regarding their Personal Data
Users have certain rights in the framework of personal data protection:
- Withdraw your prior data collection and storage consent at any time.
- Object to processing of your Data.
- Access to your Data.
- Verification of Data accuracy and rectification seeking.
- Restrict the processing of your Data.
- Have your Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed.
- Receive your Data and have it transferred to another Data Controller.
- Lodge a complaint.
Where Personal Data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in the Owner or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner, Users may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection.
Users must know that, however, should their Personal Data be processed for direct marketing purposes, they can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification. To learn, whether the Owner is processing Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, Users may refer to the relevant sections of this document.
Any requests to exercise User rights can be directed to the Owner through the contact page. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by the Owner as early as possible and always within one month.
The User’s Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by the Owner in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this Website or the related Services. The User declares to be aware that the Owner may be required to reveal personal data upon request of public authorities.
For operation and maintenance purposes, this Website and any third-party services may collect files that record interaction with this Website (System logs) use other Personal Data (such as the IP Address) for this purpose.
Last updated: January 2020