Thinking of an easy and quick to make healthy snack? Try making broccoli salad.
Given that it made of vegetables, broccoli salad is a delicious snack or meal you can eat anytime you want. It is a versatile meal packed with nutrients and minerals since broccoli, a member of the cruciferous vegetable, is known to have a lot of— from Vitamin C to antioxidants—healthy benefits.
You can enjoy broccoli salad as either the main course or side dish. You can choose the ingredients and add according to your preferences.
So, what are you for? Here’s a recipe to guide you.
How to Properly Store It?
To prevent the salad from spoilage, you must store it appropriately. And it is simple. Simply put it in an airtight container and then place it in the refrigerator. When stored properly, broccoli salad can last three to four days in the fridge.
Moreover, you can also freeze broccoli salad. You will need to blanch the broccoli first, however, and let it dry before adding any other ingredients.
- 1 ⅓ lbs. Broccoli florets cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 C. Mayonnaise
- 8 Slices of bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Sugar
- ⅓ C. Red onion chopped
- 3 Tbsp. Apple cider vinegar
- ½ C. Chopped dried cranberries sweetened
- ¼ tsp. Black pepper⅓ C. Sliced almonds
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together the broccoli, cranberries, almonds, red onion, and bacon.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, sugar, apple cider vinegar, and black pepper in a separate bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the contents in the large mixing bowl, and toss to coat well.
- Place the salad in the fridge to chill for 1-2 hours before serving.
Marie Rayner is a retired Chef, freelance writer, recipe developer, food blogger, and Cookbook author. She makes her home in Chester, UK, where she lives with her husband, Todd, and their much beloved English Cocker, Mitzie. Her motto is “Life is far too short to eat bad food,” and her goal is to share delicious and easy recipes which anyone can enjoy and cook in the comfort of their own home.